How to Post Music on Instagram? Step by Step Instruction
Instagram stories are one of the functions that have catapulted the popularity of this social network, because in addition to uploading photos, videos, animations and filters, now also allows you to upload music to each of your stories.
If you still do not know how to post music on Instagram or wonder how to add music to a video for Instagram before uploading it, we will explain it step by step and with photos so you can see how simple it is. Let’s go there!
How to post music on Instagram?
Since Instagram enabled the possibility of adding music to your stories, all you need is to have the latest version of this app updated on your mobile. Then, you can add the audio tracks you want and are available online, with a minimum duration of 5 seconds and a maximum of 30.
If you don’t know how to put music on Instagram, follow this simple step by step:
- Open Instagram and press the “Your story” icon (in the upper left corner of the screen) to add a new story.
- Select the type of story you want to upload (photo, video, media gallery file …).
- Display the “Labels” menu and press the “MUSIC” button.
You will have at your disposal three categories available: “Popular”, “Moods” and “Genres”. There you will find all the default melodies. You can also search for them directly by typing the name of the audio track in “Search”.
Choose the audio track of your choice. You can upload it in two ways: as a sticker (there is the album cover, the name of the artist and the theme) or as a karaoke (while the track is playing, the lyrics of the song will appear on the screen).
I can’t put music on Instagram – why is that?
If you can’t put music on Instagram, it’s probably because you don’t have the app updated on your phone. Remember that, in many cases, it is necessary to restart the mobile after updating to enable the new functions.
If after this you still cannot put music in the app, try uninstalling the application and downloading it again. If it still does not work, it is most likely that your phone does not support the latest update available, either due to low internal memory or to have an old version of Android.
Applications to put music to an Instagram video
With the latest Instagram update, you can put music in your stories. However, there are other applications for Android and iOS phones that also serve to put music to a video on Instagram. These will allow you to upload the file with music both in the insta stories and in your feed. Some of them are:
This app was designed to record short videos with background music. Its interface is very similar to that of Instagram, as well as its functionality. To put music to a video on Instagram with Lomotif, you just have to follow these steps:
- Once you have downloaded the app, select the audio track you want to play. You can add it directly from your gallery or Spotify.
- Record your video; The audio track will be played simultaneously while it is being recorded.
- In addition to music, the app also allows you to add filters, emojis, text and gif animations.
- When the video is finished, you can upload and share it on Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp and / or Twitter.
Launched in 2013, this app allows you to make short videos with photographs and music. In addition to having your online community, it will enable you to share videos with Instagram and other social networks. So you should use Flipagram to add music to your videos on Instagram:
- Select the audio track you want to add. You can do it from the Flipagram library or your multimedia library.
- Create your video with the images and photographs of your choice. You can also record it directly with your mobile camera.
You can add, in addition to audio, text, animations and filters to animate your video. With this app, you can record short videos with a professional touch.
With Tik Tok, you can create short videos (maximum 1 minute) with background music. In addition to recording your videos, you can also take pictures and add custom animations. How to add music to your videos for Instagram with Tik Tok?
- Select an audio track in the Tik Tok playlists.
- Record your video or choose a series of photos stored in your library.
- In addition to music, you can add animations, filters, text and emojis to personalize your video.
- You can share your video directly on Instagram stories, Facebook or Whatsapp.
Put songs on Instagram is possible?
Instagram has a wide range of genres and music tracks to put songs in your stories. However, you can also add tracks that are not available in the app through Spotify or the music player installed on your phone.
You just have to select the track, play it, and the song will play in the background while the video is being recorded. When you play the song, either from the media player or Spotify, you should minimize the playback window and go to Instagram.
There, simply press the shutter icon (the circle that appears in the centre, at the bottom) for the video recording to begin. The audio track will continue to play while you make the video, as the record picks up the sound of the speakerphone. Note that if you have headphones connected, the song will not be heard.