5 Easy and Effective Ways to Treat and Prevent Age Spots
Age spots are not something that can be prevented entirely. If, for example, you are genetically prone to developing age spots, you might not be able to stave them off. And it’s important to remember that as our bodies age, we may start producing more melanin, something that we can do little to prevent or reverse.
On the other hand, spots and discoloration could be a side effect of certain medications. They might not be reversible once they’ve formed, but you can stop taking the medication or find alternatives to prevent further age spots. And one of the primary causes of age spots is sun exposure, which is definitely easy to prevent. Regardless of the causes, however, you’ll find that there are several options for treatment, about it click here https://aspirinworks.com/accutane-isotretinoin/.
You may like also: Types of lips
Here are a few tips to help you get rid of the age spots you have and prevent the development of new ones.
- Wear sunblock. Exposure to UV rays can exacerbate all kinds of signs of aging, including fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. It can also lead to far more serious concerns like melanoma, just for example, so you have plenty of reasons to protect your skin from the sun. And luckily, there are several products on the market for exactly this situation. Just make sure you look for a broad spectrum, UVA/UVB sunblock of at least SPF 50 and follow the directions for the reapplication to ensure that you have the protection you need to keep your skin young and healthy.
- Cover up. If you don’t like the idea of slathering yourself with sunblock every time you go outside, or, living your life as a sunless shut-in, there are other options. You can always take steps to cover up so that you only have to put on a little sunblock. With pants, long sleeves, and a sun hat, all you have to put sunblock on is your hands. And if you want to wear something lightweight but still protective, you’ll be happy to learn that there are actually garments that come with sunblock built into the fabric.
- Bleaching cream. The nice thing about bleaching cream is that it is relatively inexpensive. In addition, you can get it without a prescription and it’s easy to administer on your own by following package directions. The downside is that it can take quite a while to produce noticeable results when it comes to fading age spots. And there’s always the potential that inaccurate application could lead to patches around your age spots that are lighter than the surrounding skin. You can also see a doctor for stronger products and faster results, but if you’re willing to spend the money, there may be more effective options for the price.
- Chemical peel or microderm abrasion. Any treatment that peels away the top layers of skin is going to remove imperfections on the surface. So a chemical peel or microderm abrasion should be adequate to remove age spots, or at least fade them significantly. And the benefits to your complexion. In general, they are the icing on the cake.
- Laser resurfacing. Although laser resurfacing treatments are sure to be the most effective when you want toeliminate age spots, they’re also likely to be the most expensive option. So once you’ve had your treatment at Laser Gentle Medical Spa, you’ll want to protect your new youthful skin by staying out of the sun to prevent age spots.